Creamy and Tasty
Hello everyone, I hope you are doing well. Today I bring you my favourite no meat pasta, it serves 2 people and you can double or triple the recipe to feed more people. I hope you are going to enjoy it. Festive season is upon us, please be safe, don’t drink and be extra vigilant on the road while driving during festive season. Take care:-)
125g dry Tagliatelle (¼ of the 500g packet)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Tablespoon Butter
½ Cup Cream
½ Cup Pasta Water (plus extra ¼ cup)
1 Shallot (or small brown onion), finely chopped
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Fresh Sage, roughly chopped
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
4 Teaspoon Cream Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- Cook the tagliatelle according to package instructions. Set aside, and drizzle with a little oil and stir (this is to prevent it from sticking).
- Preheat the pan on high heat, add oil and 1 tablespoon butter, followed by the mushrooms and sauté (fry) for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and softened. Slightly season with salt and pepper, stir. Transfer the mushrooms into a bowl with a paper towel (to drain off excess fat).
- In the same pan (reduce heat to medium), add the remaining tablespoon of butter, melt. Then add the finally chopped shallots (onion), and sauté for 2 minutes. Keep stirring and adding a tablespoon of pasta water at a time when it starts to look like its drying up (I used 2 tablespoons in 2 minutes). After, add garlic and sage and sauté for another 2 minutes or until fragrant. Again Keep stirring and adding a tablespoon of pasta water at a time when it starts to look like its drying up (I used 2 tablespoons here as well). Season with salt and pepper (do not put too much salt at this stage as cheese is also salty, you can always add later).
- Add the cream and ½ cup pasta, stir then add parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper and onion powder, reduce heat to low-to-medium – then slowly stir with a wooden spoon or a whisk to incorporate, keep stirring or whisking while the sauce simmering for 5 to 10 minutes. Taste to check seasoning, add salt and pepper if need be.
- To assemble, add the browned mushrooms (leaving a 1\4 cup aside for topping), stir then add the cooked tagliatelle and toss in the sauce with mushrooms. Stir in the parsley just before plating. Plate the pasta then top with mushrooms, parmesan cheese, sage and parsley. Enjoy