Black Beans and Chickpeas Salad
Bean salads are my go to salads, because I just have to rinse them off from the can, add few other ingredients, a dressing and be done. Before we experienced Covid-19 I was making this salad a lot as part of meal-preps for my lunch for work. Today I thought I should share the recipe, moreso, I feel like I’ve been cooking a lot lately and I’m back to making things easier for me. By making food I can have in the next day or two, and it’s working like a charm hence I even have free time to write the recipe and share it with you.
I normally add more beans to this salad if I’m going to have it as a main meal and I would have t with tuna and boiled eggs. But, today I was making it as a side so it seemed like it would be wasteful to add more cans of beans. I love it, and I believe you will too. Especially after you’ve added the dressing I used for the Cauliflower Rice Salad. The dressing has honey to balance out the tanginess from the lemon but you can adjust it according to your palates. Enjoy.
410g Can Black Beans
410g Can Chickpeas
1 Cup Diced Cucumber, packed
1/4 Cup Fresh Coriander , chopped
1/2 Medium Red Onion, quartered and sliced
6 to 8 Sweet Baby Peppers, charred
Salt and Pepper
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Cut the peppers in half and take out the seeds. Slice the onion and chop the Coriander. Cut cucumber and dice. Set all aside.
- Heat a large cast iron pan and preheat on high heat then add the peppers (without adding oil in the pan) and a spread them out, sear each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until charred. Transfer the peppers in a separate pan or dish and allow to cool then chop them up. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, add rinsed chickpeas and black beans, follow by diced cucumber, peppers, red onion, chopped coriander salt and pepper then olive oil.
- Add dressing from here (If you going to serve with it, double the amount).
- Depending what you will serve the salad with, you may add avocado and feta cheese to it
- Recipe serves for 4 to 6. Enjoy.